Thursday, April 2, 2009

It's a long way from Oa to Abiline

I was looking at some art blogs and someone mentioned doing a commission for a collector who always asks for a western take on a superhero. That sounded like an interesting exercise, so I took a crack at the Green Lantern re-imagined as a lawman from the Old West:


It's no great shakes, but this has been a crazy week and I just needed to turn my brain off and draw for a bit. I really wanted to do this on paper (my inking brush has been calling out to me), but time only allowed a digital drawing.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love how you handled this, Pav.

Really nice. I hope this is similar to the effort in your finishes for Lord Bastard!

=s=

Pav said...

Thanks, Shane.

Working from the mid-range value out to black & white is a lot of fun.